FIDE Master – (Current Chess Rating: USCF : 2344 FIDE: 2297)
William Stewart is an up and coming FIDE master with a FIDE rating now rated at over 2300+ placing him as the #2 highest rated chess player in Georgia and in the top 150 chess players in the United States. He is a United States Chess Federation life certified USA National Master. However, a good chess coach should have more than just a high rating but also a lot of experience teaching. Will has over 6 years of chess teaching experience and has been teaching chess ever since he became a 2000+ A list player. He particularly enjoys playing blitz games and encourages his students to improve their blitz rating as well. Will holds a Psychology degree from the University of Georgia and is intrigued by the psychology behind the great art of chess. He’s been coached by many famous masters such as GM Gregory Serper & IM Carlos Perdomo.
William Stewart playing at the 2010 Masters Invitational in Buenos Aires
So far the highlight of his career was tying for the 1st place title in the Under 2200 Section at the Tournament “2009 World Open” in Philadelphia, with a prize of $10,500 dollars.
Teaching Experience and Tournament Wins
- Tied for 1st at the 2012 ITT La Razón (Buenos Aires) link (spanish)
- Tied for 1st in the Under 2200 Section of the 2009 World Open in Philadelphia, with a prize of $10,500 dollars. link
- Tied for 1st at the 2009 Peach State Open.
- Winner of the Under 2200 Section of the 2007 Emory Castle Grand Prix.
- Winner of the Under 2600 Section of the 2011 Emory Castle Grand Prix.
- Chess Atlanta, Instructor – 2007-2008
- Kid Chess Summer Camps, Instructor – 2003-2007
- Championship Chess, Instructor (private and group lessons) – 2002-2004